It’s tax time again! We all know the usual documents like W-2s that need to be sent in to have our taxes done, but here’ s a checklist to make sure you have everything you need. Skip any sections that don’t apply!


Some of this information we have on file, but other things must be verified and documented each year.

New Clients:

  • Prior Year Tax Return(if applicable)- 3 years of returns if preferable
  • Social Security Cards for everyone in household(if not on prior year return)
  • Birthdates of Everyone in Household

All Clients:

  • Current Driver’s License
  • Current IP PIN(if applicable)
  • Direct Deposit- Updated Bank Routing and Account Numbers if Bank Account has Changed
  • 1095-A(If you have health insurance through the marketplace)


  • Proof of Residency(This is required every year- School Records, Medical Records, Employment Records)
  • Daycare Records- Provider Name, Address, Social Security Number/EIN, and amount paid
  • Non-Custodial Parents- Signed Form 8332 from the Custodial Parent. Print one HERE.
  • Children in College- 1098T from the University and Detailed Billing Statement


Bring all forms that are applicable to your situation.

  • W-2s
  • 1099-Rs(Retirement Distributions)
  • 1099-G(Unemployment)
  • 1099-SSA(Social Security Income)
  • 1099s from Banks and Investment Accounts
  • Cryptocurrency Statements
  • W-2G(Gambling Winnings)
  • 1099-C(Cancellation of Debt)
  • K1s(Interest in Partnership, Trust, S-Corp)


  • Property Tax Paid
  • Charitable Contributions
  • Mortgage Interest Statements
  • 1098-E(Student Loan Interest)
  • Teachers- Amount paid for Classroom Expenses
  • IRA Contributions
  • Health Savings Account Contribution & Distribution Forms
  • Records of Estimated Tax Payments made


  • 1099s or Record of Income
  • Categorized Record of Expenses
  • Mileage and/or Vehicle Expenses
  • Home Office-Square Footage of Home and Office and/or all home expenses
  • List of All Major Assets/Equipment- Date Placed in Service, Description, Cost
  • Did you file all required 1099s?


  • Record of Income by Property
  • Categorized Record of Expenses by Property
  • Mileage and/or Vehicle Expenses
  • List of All Major Assets/Equipment- Date Placed in Service, Description, Cost
  • Did you file all required 1099s?

There are other forms and documents that we may require, but this should cover what most people will need. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 217-774-4913, email us at, or send us a message on facebook.